Youth is a stage of life when we are figuring out a lot of things for ourselves.
- What is the right job for me?
- Who is the right life partner for me?
- How I can live a good life?
- Which place should I get settled in?
And many more…
Across the globe, either our parents or our academic background or peers or society govern the answers to lot of these.
For a yogi, it would be the understanding of dharma or spiritual wisdom that would determine the answer to these.
What would being a Karmayogi really mean?
As students of Brahma Kumaris World Spiritual University, we understand and live the life of a karmayogi.
- would start the day early and be energized with the love of the Supreme Soul through meditation.
- A karmayogi would then get ready and get nourished with spiritual knowledge. Unlike what happens in any satsang, a karmayogi would also think on how the spiritual knowledge can be applied throughout the day, make a part of his daily life.
- A Karmayogi would begin any task of the day or meet anyone with a lot of enthusiasm considering it as an opportunity to serve others.
- A karmayogi would use any breaks she/he gets in between to be in perpetual remembrance of her true identity and the real inner powers she/he has.
- A karmayogi would focus on the right way / process of doing something and be satisfied by effectively performing any Karma rather than using result as an indicator of satisfaction.
- A karmayogi would enjoy the love and attention she/he is giving to the other souls around. Any soul around would find a karmayogi to be a loving and warm person.
- A karmayogi would apply spiritual knowledge to overcome any adverse situations or deal with difficult people.
- A Karmayogi would be focused on learning and before going to sleep would reflect on how the day passed and what were the karmic points earned or lost through her/his actions.
- A karmayogi would be disciplined, confident and focused towards any task she/he picks up.
- Finally, a karmayogi would conclude the day by thanking the Supreme Soul.
Such a life would keep a karmayogi focused on doing constructive and productive things. This would thus help her/him figure out the way ahead with a lot of clarity and success.
By Neeti Kumar